Friday, September 9, 2011

Friday Top 5 - Favorite Mutants

So, watching the newest installment of the X-Men movies, X-Men: First Class, resulted in me watching all the other X-Men films over the course of the past two weeks. I really liked the trilogy and have enjoyed the latest two movies even more. That said, this week's Top 5 is my Top 3 Favorite X-Men mutants. Yes, Top 3. After I got past 3, I couldn't really think of any that were totally, completely awesome. Charles Xavier? Sorry, being in a wheel chair is not a good trade-off for being telepathic. Jean Gray? She was so powerful, she basically killed herself. No thanks. Storm? I don't think so. If I'm in an emergency and need some super powers fast, I don't want to wait around for a weather system to blow through. And for you comic book nerds (I don't think I've ever read a comic book before), I'm going off the movies, so don't get all bent out of shape if I skip someone who wasn't in the movies.

Be honest, you'd be happy with just the muscles and the beard.
1. Wolverine - Such an easy call for me. I really could have written my whole rationale for choosing Wolverine in two words: Bad Ass. It would be enough if he could just heal really quickly. I can't imagine how it would feel to be invincible, knowing that if you crash your motorcycle, or get shot, or get sucker-punched, you'll be patched up just like new within a few seconds. Having super-heightened senses of smell and hearing would be pretty cool as well. But as if that weren't enough, he's got bones made out of indestructible metal and GIANT CLAWS THAT COME OUT OF HIS HANDS!! I dare you to tell me that wouldn't be awesome. Best mutant, by far.


 

Who ever thought being a human magnet would be so cool?
2. Magneto - Who's the only guy that can completely own a semi-invincible, metal-boned, bearded maniac? A guy that can control anything made out of metal, that's who. If you haven't noticed, that's almost everything you own. Magneto, also known as Erik Lensherr, has the ability to manipulate all kinds of metal. As we see in the movies, this means he can fly, manipulate metal into bullets, walk right out of a prison, move the Golden Gate bridge and pull the freaking iron out of your blood. Plus, he's got a helmet for his mind, so if you're a telepath and want to get inside his head and convince him not to take over the world, it's not gonna work. You'll be better off making sure you live in a plastic house.


3. Nightcrawler (Kurt Wagner) - As soon as I saw Nightcrawler teleport his way through the White House, poofing his way from room to room, I thought man, I could use that at least five times every day. Imagine how much more you could get done every day if you didn't have to bother walking anywhere. Just close your eyes and boom, you're there. That's to say nothing of his ability to grab on to walls and use his tail like another arm. He's a distant, distant third place.



0 comments:

Post a Comment