Friday, August 26, 2011

Friday Top 5 - Favorite Beers

I gotta tell you, I really like beer. In saying that, I don't mean I like downing a 30-pack of Natty Ice on the weekends. Rather, I mean that I really like good, strong, dark beer. That said, here's my list:


1. Newcastle Brown Ale - This beer has a lot of sentimental value for me. It was the first beer I tried and truly liked. It's also been a go-to brew for me when I'm not sure what to order or I'm not thrilled with a particular bar/pub/liquor store's selection. Such a smooth brown ale. Great beer. BeerAdvocate.com Grade: B-




2. Leinenkugel Sunset Wheat - A sweet, honey wheat beer. This is ranked Number 2 not only because I like it, but because it's an easy drinking beer that beer newbies can enjoy. BeerAdvocate.com Grade: B-

3. Sequoia Brewing Co. Imperial Stout - I love my stouts, and this beer is my favorite stout. Sequoia Brewing Co. is a gem hidden in Fresno, CA that holds some great beer and good food. This stout is dark, thick, chocolately and full of coffee flavor. Unbelievable. It's only for lack of availability where I live that it's ranked Number 3. BeerAdvocate.com Grade: A

 
4. Russian River Brewing Co. Pliny the Elder - Such a great IPA, worthy of being ranked as the third best beer on Beer Advocate. Lots of pine, beautiful look, and amazing to drink. IPA's are something that's slowly growing on me and this beer is a big reason why. BeerAdvocate.com Grade: A+

5. Firestone Velvet Merlin - A great oatmeal stout. Lots of caramel, oats, coffee, etc. All around just a really good tasting beer. 'Nuff said. BeerAdvocate.com Grade: A-

If you have favorite beers, drink them and then leave a comment. Or at least drink them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment