Wednesday, August 24, 2011

My Issue With Michele Bachmann

"I know! My husband (left) always laughs like that!"
No, my issue with Michele Bachmann has nothing to do with the fact that her first name has only one "l" and her last name has two "n"'s, although I do find that highly annoying. My issue with Michele Bachmann is that I'm afraid she'll turn into Barack Obama.

Wait, what?

That's right, Barack Obama. Here's why.

For starters, Michele Bachmann and Candidate Obama followed similar career paths - earning a law degree, holding a state Senate seat and holding a Congressional seat for 3 (Obama) or 4 (Bachmann) years before running for President.

Both have only legislative experience in government and, including his time as a state Senator, Barack Obama actually had more experience than Michele Bachmann does. As far as records go, both have a history of being very vocal in their support of far-left (Obama) or far-right (Bachmann) ideals but Obama was and Bachmann is lacking in results. The policies and legislation they've championed has had a history of going nowhere. Of course, neither had the benefit of being in a Congressional majority but results are what ultimately matters.

So why am I afraid of Michele Bachmann turning into Barack Obama? Because if having a President who is ideologically opposed to everything you believe in is the worst thing, having a President who shares your beliefs and can't get anything done is the second worst.

Barack Obama has been a lesson in failed leadership. He is the poster-child for the hyperliberal agenda that the media and Hollywood love to promote, was championed as a communicator and an isle-crosser, but he fails to get anything done. Throughout the debt ceiling crisis, the President failed to provide any semblance of leadership. Much of this is because he had never been in a position of leadership before. He was inexperienced in leadership and management and was known for being extreme and uncompromising. The results we've seen in his presidency have been anything but surprising.

My fear with Michele Bachmann is that upon taking the White House, she will be unable to provide the leadership and direction that this nation needs. She is essentially a mirror-image of Barack Obama. He is to the liberals what Michele Bachmann is to the conservatives. With so many Republican candidates with business, executive and leadership experience, why risk putting an ineffective person in the White House?

Granted, I don't like any of the Republican candidates right now. But I would rather vote for an effective leader who agrees with 80% of what I do than a ineffective leader who I agree with 100% (not that I agree with Bachmann 100%). Given the opportunity, I think most liberals would rather have a stronger leader in the White House.

What do you think? Chime in and join the discussion!

0 comments:

Post a Comment